Scarborough Toll Bridge

The Toll House was built in 1908 to collect tolls (at one penny for each person walking, riding on horseback, bicycle, carriage or motorcar) for the marine drive toll road.
The tolls were suspended during the Second World War, and the pedestrian toll was never resumed thereafter. Vehicle tolls were abolished in December 1950 and the building now serves as the office for the coast guard. The externals of this historic building were captured for digital documentation purposes.

 

Project Details

DATE
December, 2015

CLIENT
Private

PROJECT TYPE
Residential

Scroll to Top